Sunday, March 13, 2011

Now My Eye Sees You

"I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees you;" Job 42:5

How much of our Christian life is spent in the first half of this verse?  Hearing about God? Knowing about salvation? Thinking about the Spirit? How content are we to be like the nation of Israel when they sent Moses up to the mountain and then stayed behind and simply watched the "fireworks"?

The call of a disciple is something different than that.The disciple, by definition, wants to know his teacher so well that he begins to imitate him unconsciously. He wants to become just like the one he is following in every way. And he commits is life to this task. But, in order to do this, he must not just hear about his master, he must see him.

"Father of glory, give us a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Jesus, having the eyes of our hearts enlightened, that we may know what is the hope to which he has called us, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe." Eph 1:17-19

"Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ." Phil 3:8

My prayer is this reality will consume us today, and everyday, for the rest of our lives.

To God Alone be the Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment