Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Last Day?

There may be a follow up entry, if the Lord allows, but I felt like simply recording some of my disparate thoughts as they tumble around in my brain. Edwards got me going two Mondays ago when he said

"Resolved, Never to do any thing, which I should be afraid to do if it were the last hour of my life"

Since then I periodically ask "What if this were the last...?

  • Last good bye with my wife
  • Last time I take my kids to school
  • Last blog I write
  • Last lesson I teach
  • Last conversation I have with an individual
These last things could be because my earthly days have ended or the others with whom I interact have died. Trust me when I say that my thoughts are not morbid, but rather they are Spirit convicted to ask ""are those really the last words or thoughts you want to leave on that persons heart?" Or, because I watch too many movies, is that the way you would want your earthly movie to end?

Unfortunately, I don't have any strong, profound answers other than what Edwards wrote and Jesus, Paul and the rest of the NT church lived.

It is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death.  For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.  Phil 1:20-21


To God Alone be the Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment