Saturday, March 26, 2011

I'm fundamentally a Gospel-person

Thanks to Colin Hansen for sharing the link to this interview:

“What drives me, in fact, is not first and foremost what label is attached to me functionally, but he Gospel itself,” he said. “In other words, as highly as I want to emphasize the local church and pastoral ministry – and pastoral ministry primarily being ministry of the Word – the presupposition behind all that is the non-negotiability and importance of the Gospel. So I’m happy to say I think of myself primarily as a pastor, but fundamentally, I’m a Gospel-person.
“And in that framework then, whether I am lecturing on the reliability of the Word in the Gospel of John at some academic function, or I’m doing evangelism in Melbourne, Australia, it’s still Gospel-driven.”
I knew I admired this person for a good reason. Any guesses? Read the full interview to find out.

To God Alone be the Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment