Thursday, April 29, 2010

Grace in the Old Testament

Have you ever been caught thinking that God had two plans of salvation?  One plan for the Jews in the Old Testament and another for the Church in the New Testament.  I think this way of thinking is easy to fall into.  Thankfully, however, God has given us clear sign posts in the Old Testament that His plan of salvation is consistent for all of His children. Here are just a couple of examples I ran across recently.  SDG


Psalm 40:2-3 (English Standard Version)

2He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
   out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
    making my steps secure.
3He put a new song in my mouth,
   a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
   and put their trust in the LORD.


Psalm 40:11 (English Standard Version)


 11As for you, O LORD, you will not restrain
   your mercy from me;
your steadfast love and your faithfulness will
   ever preserve me!


Psalm 79:9 (English Standard Version)

9 Help us, O God of our salvation,
   for the glory of your name;
deliver us, and atone for our sins,
   for your name’s sake!


Psalm 80:3 (English Standard Version)


 3 Restore us, O God;
    let your face shine, that we may be saved!

No comments:

Post a Comment