Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Tuesday Morning Prayer

Father,

I want to approach your Word differently today. I know its true and its your gracious gift to us who believe, but today, like no other day, allow it to penetrate into the core of my heart and soul. Allow your Word to affect me, to press on me in a way it has never done before. And, I humbly, reverently, yet boldly ask that you protect me from the external perspectives toward your Word. Help me today, by the power of your Spirit, to become a Christian, to become a disciple, to become a son. I ask this in the name of your Son, who alone gives life, who alone gives sight, who alone covers sin and who alone makes all things new.

To you Father, the King of ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

1 comment: