Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lord's Day morning

Sunday should be (is!) a day of worship.  Yet my mind & heart are mired.  Perhaps this reflects on my selfish view of faith and the church.  If it is all about me, I end up with idolatry. If it is all about serving others, I end up with religion.  However, if it is about God and Christ and the power of the Spirit, then I am free to worship.  Right now the Philips, Craig and Dean song is echoing in my head: “And I stand in awe of You.”  Father give me, give us, a fuller view of who you are today.  Help us to see, not just with our minds, but with the eyes of our hearts, the vastness of Christ’s sacrifice.  Allow us to glimpse the multiple ways you Sprit is leading, guiding and protecting us today.  And, help us to abandon ourselves today and worship you in all of your greatness, power and love. SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment