Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Be Thou My Vision

   Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
   Naught be all else to me, save what Thou art:
   Thou my best thought, by day or by night;
   Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

   Be Thou my Wisdom and Thou my true Word;
   I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
   Thou my great Father, I Thy true son,
   Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

   Riches I need not, nor man’s empty praise;
   Thou mine inheritance, now and always:
   Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
   High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

   High King of Heaven, my victory won,
   May I reach Heaven's joys, O bright Heaven's Sun!
   Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
   Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all!
       ... Anonymous medieval Irish hymn

No comments:

Post a Comment