Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year, new focus

Do you not know? Do you not hear?
Has it not been told you from the beginning?
Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth? - Isa 40:21

In the midst of not making any resolutions, I have set a couple of goals for 2013. I want to pray more (a perennial goal). I want to listen more (especially to God). And, I want to write more.

I'm recording these goals here, in a blog post, for a couple of reasons. One reason is for accountability. If something is written down, its easier, at least for me, to remain conscious of it and continue striving toward the goal.

Another reason is that I think the feel of my posts might change. There may not be any more of them. In fact, there may be less. But I sense a need for me to focus my writing in a more specific direction. So, instead of 200 somewhat random thoughts, I may post only 100 entries, but all tied together a similar theme. Of course there will be exceptions, but even these may be a little more focused, and if possible tied to the main theme that is coursing through all of the posts.

I imagine someone reading this may be asking: so, what's the theme? I am actually still praying and reflecting on that question. If you are lead to pray for the Spirit's guidance on my behalf, even if just in this moment, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm looking forward to 2013. And, if Jesus waits to return and continues to give me sound mind and body, I look forward to continuing to share Spirit lead thoughts with you.

To God Alone be the Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment