Saturday, August 6, 2011

When You Don't Feel Like Praying

Transparency time. There many (too many) times when I don't feel like praying. And there I many more times my prayers are literally like water off a ducks back.But, God has used J.D. Greear's sermon I referenced in a previous post and now a blog post by Scotty Smith to remind me (again!) of how crucial and beautiful prayer is. Here is an excerpt from Smith's post
"It’s one of those days I’m glad the gospel is much more about your grasp of me than mygrip on you. It’s one of those days I’m grateful your delight in me is not contingent upon my delight in you.  It’s one of those days I’m very thankful for the prayer ministry of the Holy Spirit."
and
"And at this very moment your Spirit is praying inside of me—perfectly tuned into my needs and in total harmony with your will. I cannot measure the peace that brings. I surrender right now, Father. I gladly groan to your glory. I collapse on Jesus in this very moment. I will not waste any energy today in the paralysis of analysis, vain regrets, pretending or posing. I know you are at work for my good in all things, including in my unrest and uncertainty."
Read the whole thing here.

To God Alone be the Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment