Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Stolen IPod and the glory of God

Last night my IPod was stolen.  It had a cracked screen, it was pink and it was in my car at church.  Somebody must have been desperate.

But, I've been praying.  Not for the return of the IPod, although that would be neat.  Rather, I've been praying for the thief. Maybe God can use the music on the IPod (Steven Curtis Chapman, Chris Tomlin, etc) or the podcasts (Piper, Chandler, Chan and Driscoll) to touch this person's heart.  Perhaps the Holy Spirit can use the very act of thievery to reveal to this person there is an emptiness in their life.  This could be the beginning of God's grand pursuit of their very soul.

In the end, an IPod, like everything else, is just a thing and in the end it will burn or be in a landfill.  The cracked screen was proof of that.  And now its gone.  But somewhere in the Coulee region is a lost soul, heading to hell with the same pink, cracked-screened IPod.  May the God of all grace touch his or her life with the wonderful, life-changing news that Jesus died to pay for all of their sins, including the theft last night.  SDG

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry your ipod was stolen. While I understand that Christ is everywhere and all of Earth is His, I still see church as sacred. After all, at one time, I would not have been allowed into the "holy of holies" and it was not until the veil was torn was I invited to enter (or rather, the Holy Spirit entered me). I am thankful to read your heart as my reaction has been more of flesh (anger) as I continue to hear of "mischief" at Bethany. But as I type this, I realize that sin is sin and as long as there are people within the church (people like me), there will always be sin in and around the building. I guess that is why we all so desperately need Christ.

    ReplyDelete